Pages

Choosing Clothes to Suit Your Body Shape

I like to think of myself as totally fashion savvy and up to date with all the latest women's fashion and styles. So when I was asked to write an article on body shapes I did not think it would pose much of a problem. But when I thought about it, I realised that I did not know what my own body shape was. My mum and my sister were most definitely pear- shaped. I knew that because they were always going on about it.
"Our problem is we are pear shaped".
"Some of the latest women's trends don't suit us, because we're pear shaped"
"I've got nothing at the top,but my hips are massive, I am pear shaped"
I knew that I definitely was not a pear because they always told me how lucky I was. However they never actually said just what shape I was.
So I decided to go on a fact finding mission to find out exactly how many body shapes there are and indeed which one describes me best.
Apparently there are 12 body shapes for women. Apple, Hour Glass, Skittle, Vase, Cornet, Lollipop, Column, Bell, Goblet, Cello, Pear, Brick. I studied all the variations and still could not decide which I was, so I decided to ask my husband. Bearing in mind he has been in the bad books of late, I wasn't at all surprised when he picked the hour glass figure. I think he knew I would be flattered with the connotations of the perfect hour glass woman.
Anyway, what does this all mean? Well, once you have defined your body shape there are big clues about what women's styles and fashion we should and should not be wearing.
So firstly, what does it mean for the hourglass figure? What outfits and styles should we be wearing? Apparently we need to stick to tight cardigans with plunging neck lines and pencil skirts, finished off with a pair of high peep toe shoes. We have the curves and we should not be afraid to show them off. Although I do hope its still okay to have slob out days in our favourite comfy pyjamas and sheep skin slippers.
Interestingly the highest percentage of British women are indeed pear shaped. This means you are very slender and toned at the top, but carry most of your weight on your hips. You have no problem with big boobs and get away with delicate women styles such as strappy tops. You should buy trousers with a flat front and invest in some high straight boots for balancing out your calves.
Apple figures, try tailored wide leg denim trousers as an alternative to jeans. Cornet and Lollipop, pick shoes with delicate heels to highlight your beautiful slim legs. Skittles, remember that vertical patterns on the lower part of your outfit will slim your thighs and Vase girls emphasise those curves with curvy style shoes.
Column - chiffon materials soften your shape, Bell- pick coned heeled shoes, Goblet and Cello choose plunging V-necks to highlight your assets and Brick shapes should keep shoes and skirts feminine and rounded to create curves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment